The VMware Horizon Fast Track Program (Formerly called Rapid Desktop and FastTrack Program) includes certification/validation for three types of solutions from our technology partners, Turnkey Appliances, Validated Reference Architectures and Proven Storage solutions. These take the guess work out of deploying Horizon and ensure fast deployments with predictable results and costs. Rapid Desktop Appliances (Turnkey Appliances) with pre-integrated, pre-configured, pre-tested, and validated software, storage and components offer a one-stop shop for Horizon deployment. Validated Reference Architectures provide standard, repeatable, and scalable designs for quickly and easily deploying Horizon with a customer's vendor of choice. Proven Storage solutions are certified to offer specific workload performance for 1000 and 2000 seat Horizon deployments.
The goal of the VMware Horizon Fast Track program (Formerly called Rapid Desktop and FastTrack program) is to accelerate the adoption of View by enabling an ecosystem of pre-assembled easily orderable certified appliances, validated reference architectures and certified storage solutions.
Program access includes the tools and resources needed for certification/validation.
- VMware's Advanced Developer Portal
The Developer Portal is a web-based collaboration tool used by the VMware Ecosystem Engineering team and provides access to all the program entitlements and materials.
The program includes access to the program's Certification Kit, which allows partners to test and certify/validate their View based solutions.
- Cobranding and Co-marketing
Upon successful certification/validation, listing on the VMware marketing website and other benefits.
- VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) posting
Upon successful certification, the partner works with Ecosystem Engineering to update the respective VMware Compatibility Guide entry or as per the program guide. Partner may also update the entry on the VMware Solution Exchange which is partner self-serve.
- Program communication
Ongoing program communications via the Developer Portal.
- Access to Maintenance Releases
Membership in this program is ongoing, and partners are entitled to the certification kit refreshes for the duration of their participation in the program
- Access to Exclusive VMware Tools
Membership in program may give access to tools that benefit partners.
This program is governed by the following requirements:
- OEMs/Storage Partners - TAP Membership
- Solution Providers and CIPP * – VMware Solution Provider member with Desktop Competency
- Fully executed VMware program agreement Successful certification of the corresponding Turnkey Appliance/Solution, Storage solution or Successful Validation of the Reference Architecture Solutions must be assembled from certified components as listed on the various component VCGs. TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal General support on VMware Horizon with View and vSphere features are purchased separately
Product Versions Supported
This program supports the following product versions:
VMware Horizon with View
View Planner/Horizon Planner
- OEMs, Channel Partners, Storage partners, Solution Providers and CIPP (Consulting and Integration Partner Program) members capable of providing, or partnering to provide, a full Horizon (with View) POC solution or a production ready Horizon (with View) Appliance or a Horizon (with View) reference architecture.Storage partners who would like to certify their storage solution with specific workload performance for Horizon deployments.
Partner Roles and Responsibilities
Related Programs and Services
VMware Thin Client Program
VMware Horizon Access Program
VMware Ready Category
VMware Ready Hardware Products for Turnkey Appliances (Rapid Desktop Appliances) and Proven Storage