The Storage Hardware Certification Program enables storage partners to engage with VMware to certify their products with VMware vSphere and to ensure customers of jointly certified and supported hardware solutions.
The Storage Hardware Certification program provides tools and development resources designed to enable TAP partners to get their storage hardware devices tested against vSphere and obtain official VMware certification and support.
Upon successful completion of certification, the products will be listed in the VMware Compatibility Guide. Partners will be provided with a VMware ReadyTM logo, which can be used in their marketing and sales efforts of the certified products.
As a member of this program, you'll be provided with up to date product communications on VMware vSphere release dates, certification policies, and product features.
The Storage Hardware Certification Program is an umbrella of generic compatibility level test suites bundled as certification programs based on supported protocol and technology. Storage vendors can choose the appropriate certification programs based on their device interfaces.
Program access includes the tools and resources needed during the development and release phases.
- Access to the T10 standards-based VAAI specification for partner disk array firmware development
The program includes access to the program's Certification Kit, which allows partners to test the reliability and stability of their code. VMware verifies that the test results support the partner during the certification process.
- VMware Compatibility Guide (VCG) posting
Upon successful certification, the partner works with Ecosystem Engineering to update the VMware Compatibility Guide entry on vmware.com. Once the partner's products are certified under the terms of the program, the partner may use the VMware Ready™ logo in product collateral.
Ongoing program communications pertaining to updated certification kit and milestones.
- Access to Maintenance Releases
Membership in this program is ongoing, and partners are entitled to vSphere and vCenter update releases as well as development and certification kit refreshes for the duration of their participation in the program. Additionally, the program allows for access to early versions of vSphere for the purpose of developing and testing.
This program is governed by the following requirements:
- TAP Elite or Global status
- VMware program agreement signature
- Adherence to product support requirements as documented in the program guide
- TSANet membership and an entry in the VMware custom TSANet portal
- General support on VMware vSphere features is purchased separately
Product Versions Supported
This program supports the following product versions:
4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5
Related Programs and Services
- Storage Development Consulting Program
- Site Recovery Manager Program (SRM)
- vStorage APIs for Multi-Pathing Storage Program (PSA)
- Storage Virtual Appliance (SVA)
- vStorage API for Array Integration Program (VAAI) NAS
VMware Ready Category